Type in me... if you dare

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The Final Countdown...

To whom it may concern...

There is always a lunch countdown in my head. Dinner and breakfast I can do without. Lunch though, it is the best meal of the day. I look forward to it from the moment I wake up in the morning then I look forward to the next day's lunch as soon as I've completed my current one. As my stomach rumbles I am completely aware that I will be eating in an hour and twenty-five minutes. What I will be eating, I have no idea. I never know beforehand unless I have brought my lunch which does happen occasionally. The joy in finding food for lunch is indescribable. From deciding that I would like to eat Chinese food or a burger to deciding that I just want to eat my peanut butter jelly sandwich. They are all equally rewarding to me.

I am one of those weird people that believes that eating should be a social affair though, and if I have to go by myself and sit by myself, I most likely will not go. It must have something to do with my large Italian/Greek family that revolves around meals. I don't like sitting by myself in a restaurant unless I have something that I am accomplishing. I would much rather get my take-out and sit at the Starbucks with all of my friends. I really try to have a lunch buddy every day or I sit in my office with the door shut.

Popular lunch combinations for me are-

Chinese food
Greek food
Chicken Salad
Avocado Sandwiches
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches (Strawberry jelly only)

These are pretty much all I eat. I really don't like frozen dinners so much, but I will eat them if I have to. These are the lunches I look forward to. I would prefer any lunch if it involves coffee afterwards. Let's be real.

We should get lunch soon.

-Sydney the destroyer

No comments:

Post a Comment