Type in me... if you dare

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Kittens and Corgis

To whom it may concern...

This is a list of things I want and why. They are all physical things. I'll get to that existential stuff later.

The first thing that I want is a kitten that loves to snuggle. I need a snuggler friend at all times and my stuffed animal is just not warm enough nor snuggly enough... Sorry Albertson.

The next thing that I want is a corgi to snuggle with me and my kitten. I also want them to snuggle independently when I am not home. I mean, you guys. Kittens and Corgis snuggling?!? I might explode.

The final thing that I want is to always have a great home base where I can truly feel at home. Now, if there is someone or something there with me that I love, it will be home and it would be the best.

That's all I really physically want in this world at the moment. Now, we all want success, and love, and meaning, and happiness. But those are all things that we don't need to mention; they are also things that we should never forget.

When I am in a new town away from family and friends, I want to be able to sustain myself on my own, obviously. I will have Scott there, thank the heavens, and the year following, I will have my brother. Slowly I will be gaining a support system, but right now, I can only look ahead to see what I want. I want to be there now, but moving with nothing isn't smart. I have to obtain my composure and move with a game plan a plan for an apartment, a plan for a job, a plan for transportation, and for my personal life. Where will I meet people and make friends? Will my current job assist me in making friends? Are the people who make me feel guilty about my lifestyle the people that I want to be around?

Choosing the friends you have in life is probably one of the most important parts of social living. If you can't pick your friends, who can you pick? You definitely can't pick your family nor your co-workers. Friends should be another level.  A sense of security. I think that that's why people go through friends so quickly. They make friends for certain situations. I want to have friends for all situations. I have a few, but sometimes even those relationships are flighty. But, when I talk to them, even after a while, it feels like nothing has changed. Those are the kind of relationships that need to be kept. Not the ones where you feel amazing for a while and then are quickly forgotten when something else comes along.

When I move to Chicago, if you are visiting, be sure to let me know! I will want to see you. It's a fact. I may be busy, but maybe you can stay with me... and my kitten... Don't worry. The kitten will be a snuggler.

-Sydney the Destroyer

No comments:

Post a Comment