Type in me... if you dare

Monday, July 14, 2014

Road trip giggles

To whom it may concern-

I love riding in the car. I'm like a dog. I want my head out the window, my hair blowing in the wind and then to pass out and sleep the whole way. I can't read in the car without getting sick and causing a scene... so I have to come up with more fun ways to ride in the car... especially for 10.5 hours on our way to Chicago.

Things I do to pass the time:

1) Talk/have meaningful conversation. I hardly ever go on road trips alone. I am usually with Scott or my mother or another well known person, so conversation is always nice.

2) Play a game. My mother taught me a game on the way back from Indiana one time... You start with 'A' and find a word starting with the next letter of the alphabet, until you reach 'Z' or your destination. Either or.

3) Play music. Dude. I love music and I will BLARE it out of the speakers at all times. Especially if I am getting tired. I just put on some Weezer and turn it up to 11.

4) Playing music roulette. Ashley just taught me this one the other day. Each rider in the car picks one song and you go around in a circle naming songs and playing them! Genius! If nothing else, it will broaden your musical spectrum with your friend's music. But, if they have horrible taste in music, kill them with fire.

5) Sleeping. I am SUCH a fan of sleeping. I can sleep anywhere if I am tired enough. And, being in the car is definitely soothing for me, so I am pretty much asleep before we leave the parking spot (the only time I can fall asleep quickly)

6) Books on tape. I love to read! But, I can't in the car... so this is the next best thing. I get to read in the car without reading in the car! Best ever. The only problem is finding a book that everyone agrees on. I am a fan of comedy, science fiction, fantasy, fiction, and....hrmmm....young adult....hrmmm....novels.

7) SNACKING. Twizzlers dude. I can eat a 5lb bag of Twizzlers in an 8 hour car ride. I know. I'm ridiculous. But there is nothing else that I want to do other than eat and sing and drink soda and coffee and dance and be wrapped up in a blanket with the air conditioner blazing. You know. All the things.

And that's all I can come up with right now. Of course there are the clique options like, I Spy, and stuff, but I like these options better.

Happy Travels!

-Sydney the Destroyer of all things nice

Then something to make you smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhvgES_GnPs

No comments:

Post a Comment