Type in me... if you dare

Monday, July 7, 2014

We the people in order to form a more perfect union in bed...

To whom it may concern-

This past weekend was the Fourth of July. Yes, I know. Hold your applause until I have completed my entire speech. I really want to take a second and say that, "MURIKA" is not a proper response to any situation, unless it is used ironically... Hipster.

I digress. It was the Fourth of July weekend and I got to fire? fireworks for the first time in my life. Now, you may think that fireworks are not so dangerous... why is this 21 year old JUST NOW getting to shoot? fireworks for the first time? Well, the answer is my dear friends, I wasn't allowed to. Now, I am not saying that fireworks are not dangerous BY ANY MEANS. Hell, we had one explode and almost burst my eardrum this time, but I wasn't even allowed to use sparklers... SPARKLERS.

Let's talk about the inequality between boys and girls growing up shall we? Well. I have two younger brothers and two younger sisters. The boys can do whatever they want, save kill anyone and pass their driver's test...and so can the girls. I was the policed child. They have it so easy! They don't have 'responsibilities to their younger siblings!' If they want to curse at 14 years old, 'hell, go for it!' If they want to go for a bike ride around the block, 'SURE! Don't let the homeless man mug you!' Meanwhile, I was not allowed to play with the neighbor down the street.

Now, I do have some luxuries. I am currently living with my boyfriend with a room still at my house and I can eat food there and park my car there and go visit family. All in all, not so bad... but being the oldest sibling / guinea pig sucks, and not being able to play with the pretty fireworks sucks.... I am going to rewrite this letter.

DEAR PARENTS-

LET YOUR CHILDREN PLAY WITH FIREWORKS. THEY WILL LOVE IT. 

Now- to tie in the title of this post.

We the people in order to form a more perfect union in bed... have decided that fireworks are the thing. They're exciting. They're cool. Now, I'm not saying you should light fireworks in the house... that's a bit dangerous and too much. But, I am saying that you should have a connection with another person that erupts 'fireworks inside of you' I don't know people. I just thought it sounded like it needed to end with 'in bed.'

-Sydney the Destroyer of all things nice

P.S. Check out my Youtube... I do covers and stuff youtube.com/user/tallulahipp My latest cover is that of a Chvrches song... Recover. It's pretty cool... I guess!




No comments:

Post a Comment